Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Day in the Life of an Author

What did I to today? Well, considering I'm working on several different projects, I did quite a lot.

As soon as I'd shooed my husband out the door and sent him off to work at 7:30am, I sat down at my computer and wrote for four hours solid, producing over 4000 words on my Venice Vampyr short story. It's currently over 17,000 words long, much longer than my normal short stories, and it's nowhere near done.

After a quick lunch and a break to do some food shopping before Thanksgiving, I was back at work in my home office. For several hours I looked through stock photo and tried our various different ideas on photoshop to produce a new cover for A Touch of Greek. After receiving my proof for the paperback edition yesterday, I was very disappointed in the cover and decided to start from scratch. When I had something that resembled my idea of what the book cover should look like I sent it to my trusted gang of friends to give me some feedback on it. I'm still waiting to get all the votes in and will hopefully be able to make a decision tomorrow.

Then I found out that my cover model / cover artist who will be doing my cover for Gabriel's Destiny is currently sick. I've wished him a speedy recovery - not quite an altruistic wish, however, not any less sincere.

By the time I had checked on sales and statistics, it was nearly time for my husband to return from work, and guess what? The dishes from last night were still waiting for me to attend to them. So, like a whirlwind I did dishes and tidied up so it looked like I'd been slaving away in the kitchen all day.

What's still on my list of things I didn't get to?
Plenty. Proof reading, critiquing for one of my partners, decluttering my home office (but then that's one I never get to).

What did Scarlett O'Hara say in Gone with the Wind? Tomorrow is another day ... or something along those lines.

Good night!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment