Saturday, January 29, 2011

Many changes coming

Lots of things have happened in the last two months, most of them good, some of them not so good. Well, the bad news first: my injured hand (ulnar nerve) and my shoulder and neck pain are getting worse. It's no wonder with the number of hours I spend at the computer. That's why I have decided on some changes that will reduce the time I have to spend at the computer.

Cover Artist
First of all, I think my times of designing my own covers are over. With my limited Photoshop experience, I could never get them to be that professional in the first place. Plus, it takes a lot of clicking with the mouse to fiddle around with a cover. And that just aggravates my already sore muscles and nerves. Therefore, I'll be hiring a cover artist to design my covers. Expect that some of my books will receive new covers over the next few weeks to make them more appealing.

Copy Editor
Considering that I'll never really find all the typos that are so cleverly hidden in my manuscripts and that not even my critique partners will find, I've hired a copy editor who'll go through my books and will make sure they are as error-free and grammatically correct as humanly possible. So, my Scanguards Vampires series, my Venice Vampyr series, and my Out of Olympus series, will undergo corrections. If you already have your copies and would like a clean e-copy once the corrections are done, please email me your proof of purchase and I will email you a new copy.

Audio Books
I'm also looking into turning my Scanguards Vampires series into audio books. At present, I'm having auditions prepared with a few paragraphs from Samson's Lovely Mortal to decide on the voice that's suitable for my novels. If the company allows it, I will post my choices on the blog. I'll keep you posted on this.

Foreign Translations
I am also working on finding foreign publishers who would be interested in publishing my Scanguards Vampires series in foreign languages. I expect this search to take many months and to yield many rejections.

For my health
I'm undergoing physical therapy for my hand, shoulders, and neck. I'm also getting regular massages now and have hired a personal trainer to help me strengthen my muscles to help me avoid injuries in the future. After all, I need to be able to continue writing.

Thanks for all your support!

Tina

3 comments:

  1. Tina, I hope you feel better soon. I know it has to be hard to taper back something you love doing. I don't know if you found someone yet, but my blog designer does book covers also.
    That would be nice to have the audio books,there are a lot of people who would like that. I wish you the best of luck and a full recovery so you can write more books.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie. It's hard for me to let go of certain things. I'm so used to doing everything myself that delegating certain tasks is quite new to me. I found a really great cover designer: Elaina Lee - I've seen her work on Facebook before and she's doing a really great job. Will be unveiling Amaury's new cover very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tina I hope you do get better! I can't wait to read more in the series. LOL when you do the audiobooks try to make sure the guy has a deep, sexy sultry voice LOL. :) Just to let you know I'm reading "Wild" and OMG I LOVE IT! You ALWAYS AMAZE me how you are able to make the characters feel so real and alive and present so much detail not only in the scenes but in the characters' emotions and feelings!

    Thank you for helping me escape from my problems with your amazing books. Truly they help me get through some difficult moments in my life right now. :)

    ReplyDelete